The FirePRO conference is back!
Two years since our last physical event, and after 18 challenging months for everyone, fire service communicators now have the chance to come together again to share learning (from inside and outside the sector), network and generally be inspired.
Yes, that's right. As you will hopefully already be aware - the FirePRO conference is back!
This year's event will be exclusively hosted at the four star Clayton Hotel in Birmingham on Wedesday 24th and Thursday 25th November.
We know it's been a long time since we last saw each other, and attending a physical event may feel strange, but here's what we think this event has to offer you and your services:
- The (rare) opportunity to get out of the office and spend some time learning from others
- Endless tips, tricks and differing viewpoints from over 50 attendees from fire services across the country
- Another packed agenda featuring relevant case studies, best practice guidance and general inspiration
- By popular demand, a two-hour UnConference session where you can work with colleagues to talk over issues and solve problems
- The chance to network with other fire service communicators and develop working relationships that can last for years
- Two days of learning and development that can be taken back to your teams and services to improve all areas of work
- Great value - yes that's right - for less than £300 you get all meals provided, an overnight stay and the two day conference - the best value conference in the public sector
- Finally - this is the only conference nationally that is aimed purely at fire service communicators!
And if that doesn't tempt you, here's the line-up so far:
Justin Clark, a new age social expert, will be talking about how to TikTok, Reel and keep up with the cool kids
Dan Slee, who needs no introductions, will be giving a presentation on human comms
Alive With Ideas will be running a creativity workshop - something lots of you have asked for in recent years
Mark Hardingham, NFCC Chair, will be giving an insight into how you can get your voice heard at the 'top table'
Mandy Pearse, CIPR President, will be giving us a masterclass in stakeholder engagement
Claire Mason, from RNLI, will be giving us the inside scoop on their response to criticism from Nigel Farage
Paul Compton, our FirePRO Chair, will be sharing the tale of Digby the therapy dog, who saved a life and went viral
Jack Grasby will be giving an insight into how the team at SYFR develops, delivers and evaluates their campaign work
As well as the conference, you will be treated to a luxury overnight stay, a three course meal and the legendary FirePRO quiz - hosted by the equally as legendary Carol Longman.
We are also delighted to reveal that this year's event will be sponsored by Alive With Ideas. Alive is a creative ideas agency that has links to the fire sector and a great track record for delivering creative work - which is exactly what you have told us you want to do more of.
They will be running a creativity workshop as part of the agenda and will be on hand during both days of the conference for delegates to speak to.
Please note - the early bird deadline for the cheaper ticket price is Friday 29 October - so get your tickets in quick!